The late great Martin Gardner once posed this puzzle.
Suppose you’re involved in a duel with two other people. You ( cancelling payday loan direct debit Person A) shoot first, followed payday loans near greensboro nc Person B, followed by go site Person C, then it goes back to you, and so on. Moreover, you know the following about everyone’s shooting skills.
- You ( see url Person A) will hit your target with probability 1/3.
- http://selinathompson.co.uk/?m=senior-secured-loan-fund Person B will hit her target with probability 2/3.
- easy money payday loans Person C is a perfect marksman, will hit his target with probability 1.
You get to go first. Who would you shoot at, and why? Best solution gets a free sheep.
(Note: your options are see url Person B, or Person C, or neither.)
Update: Jonathan of Unshielded Colliders has been awarded a free sheep for his solution. Here you go, Jonathan:
Soul Physics is authored by Bryan W. Roberts. Thanks for subscribing.
Want more Soul Physics? Try the Soul Physics Tweet.
- CPT: The ‘Intuitive’ Approach
- Elegant Desktop ToDo List