see People often ask about the Desktop ToDo list that appears in my academic citation tutorial. So, here’s the scoop on this simple and elegant ToDo list system, which can be easily synchronized across multiple (Mac) computers.
big loans for bad credit easy pay day Here’s what you need to set this stuff up.
follow url http://alarmmonitoring.net/?m=payday-loans-broomfield Geektool. This beautiful little app is available for free from Tynsoe.org. For more on what it can do, try this tutorial. For our purposes, here’s how to display a TXT file on your Desktop:
- Create a new Shell geeklet in the Geektool preference pane
- Enter the command: cat enter PathToYourList/YourList.txt
- To synchronize multiple computers, make sure the file is in a Dropbox folder.
- On the Quicksilver > Plugins page, add the ‘Text Manipulation Actions’ plugin. Then make sure ‘Append’ box is checked on the Preferences > Actions page.
- Now you can append text to any .TXT file — but only files with that extension.
- Download the Completed script.
- Open it with ScriptEditor and set the path to your Completed.txt file.
- Add the Completed.scpt script to the folder http://acf.ch/wp/?m=first-payday-loan-free YourUsername/Library/Application Support/Quicksilver/Actions. Create this folder if it doesn’t exist yet.
And that’s it! As always, be sure to leave your thoughts, ideas or improvements in the comments below.
Soul Physics is authored by Bryan W. Roberts. Thanks for subscribing.
Want more Soul Physics? Try the Soul Physics Tweet.
- The three-way duel
- Sellars and the Philosophy of Physics