The late great Martin Gardner once posed this puzzle.
Suppose you’re involved in a duel with two other people. You ( http://sohossecrettearoom.co.uk/?q=payday-loan-places-colorado Person A) shoot first, followed enter Person B, followed by http://selinathompson.co.uk/?m=sallie-mae-student-loans-payment Person C, then it goes back to you, and so on. Moreover, you know the following about everyone’s shooting skills.
- You ( chase credit card consolidation loan Person A) will hit your target with probability 1/3.
- payday loan lenders direct only no teletrack Person B will hit her target with probability 2/3.
- Person C is a perfect marksman, will hit his target with probability 1.
You get to go first. Who would you shoot at, and why? Best solution gets a free sheep.
(Note: your options are Person B, or Person C, or neither.)
Update: Jonathan of Unshielded Colliders has been awarded a free sheep for his solution. Here you go, Jonathan:
Soul Physics is authored by Bryan W. Roberts. Thanks for subscribing.
Want more Soul Physics? Try the Soul Physics Tweet.
- CPT: The ‘Intuitive’ Approach
- Elegant Desktop ToDo List